teenage drug abuse

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Success and Sobriety

Success and Sobriety


I don’t know. The more I get involved with this subject of sobriety on a daily basis, the more I see that there needs to be change in the movement and teachings of sobriety. Or at least more alternatives concerning support for us addicts and the means of convincing us as to the importance of staying sober. (Yes, when we are deep in our addiction, we sometimes cannot even see this). And with this, I mean not just for the child, but for the adult addict as well.

I have been so busy lately with work (We Are One, www.weareoneonlin.org) and through that work have developed some very cool new ways to “think” about why someone should stay sober. By this I mean, the thoughts that could be applied as a tool to convincing an addict to finally staying sober…

Looking back on my own personal struggle has led me to find the answer to this issue. This answer can be summed up into one word. “Success.”

In hindsight, it has been this reason alone that has convinced me to stay sober myself. To be successful or to want to become successful in my own right was of enough motivation for me to want to stay sober or at least try it!!! I wonder how many people have used this successfully to find their own success in sobriety. If you have, let me know. I’d love to hear your story.

Super Star
www.superstarsuperstar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment