teenage drug abuse

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Message from DJ AM Goldstein's mom

While speaking with DJ AM’s mother Andrea the other night I was reminded of just how painful this disease is to the family members of those that surround the us. As you might know, nearly a year after surviving a plane crash in South Carolina, disc jockey Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein was found dead in his New York apartment last September from a drug overdose. He was just 36 years old. DJ AM was a role model to many kids and adults struggling to come to terms with their addiction. Despite the terms of his death, DJ AM did make the difference he set out to and even after his death, is conveying a message to the importance of sobriety. The message is loud and clear. Drugs can kill you. My brother and I are dedicating our CD “Serenity” in loving memory of DJ AM. May his message help those that are willing to listen finally get the help they need. DJ AM’s mom has asked us to share the following with everyone. Please take note to the seriousness of her words. They are painful to read….

The Truth from DJAM's Mom:

If Adam were here, he would tell you......
I have NO desire to die.
I want to live.
I didn't know that I was taking too many drugs at once.
I fell asleep.
The drugs made my body STOP BREATHING.
I didn't know that would happen.
YOU won't know either.


For more information on Rock Star and Super Star, please visit www.weareoneonline.org or www.rockstarsuperstarprojct.com

No comments:

Post a Comment