teenage drug abuse

Monday, August 31, 2009

Keep your kids busy!

What better way to start today off than by helping a kid stop using BEFORE he hits rock bottom. My morning wake-up call today was from a mom of a child I had worked with almost a year ago. She was calling to thank me. Thank me for introducing her child to the wonderful word of what I call “preoccupation.” Preoccupation is what I stress the most. Staying busy with something your child enjoys will each and everytime have nothing less than a positive affect on your child’s desire to get and stay clean. I introduce most kids I work with to the wonderful world of music by introducing them to a musical instrument. This keeps them so busy and motivates them to do some amazing things. Many have gone on to start bands themselves, thus keeping them busy and sober.

Whether it is the gym, band class, sports, or something else, get your kids interested in something they enjoy early on. If they are busy with constructive and fun things that they find comforting, then they are less apt to let their minds wander to drugs.

Super Star

www.superstarsuperstar.com
www.weareoneonline.org

No comments:

Post a Comment