teenage drug abuse

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Teenager addicted to Heroin? “Sorry, we don’t cover that.”

Be sure to visit our other Teen Drug Abuse Articles below!

Teenager addicted to Heroin? “Sorry, we don’t cover that.”

I just came from a rehab faculty where I dropped off a Teenager who was addicted to heroin. On the way there, the teenagers parents wanted to know how much their teenage son was to be covered during his stay in treatment. So on their behalf, I took the initiative and made a series of calls to the teenagers insurance provider. I figured it’s the least I can do for them as they clearly have been through a lot lately with this kid.

The parents, having always been under the assumption that they had “premier” coverage, thought that this 30 day visit would be, for the most part, covered. After all, their monthly statement touts coverage of up to 75% for addiction treatment issues!

But they weren’t.

“Just what is it the boy is addicted to?” asks the operator? “Heroin,” I exclaimed.

Then the silence.

….

……

…….

“Oh, I am sorry sir, we only cover alcohol addiction”.

It should be obvious to all of us why this is so wrong on every level. Alcohol covered but not drugs? Wait, isn’t alcohol a drug?

I’m not here to talk about why this is wrong, just here to help you know that this issue exists. Read the details of your coverage Mom’s and Dad’s. Teenage drug abuse is on the rise so talk to you kids about the dangers of drugs at home, and often, so you can avoid having to go through with what these poor parents are now having to deal with.

Thank you for reading my Teenage Drug Abuse blog!

-Super Star

Please visit us at www.rockstarsuperstarproject.com and if you feel this can help someone you know, please pass it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment